What Is The Coronavirus?
The Coronavirus is a disease that emerged this past December in Wuhan, China. This disease is spread from person to person and is diagnosed through a laboratory test. A laboratory test is required for diagnosis due to its close resemblance to either the cold or the flu with symptoms such as a cough, fever, or shortness of breath. This disease is sometimes hard to diagnose early as it can be carried without symptoms for up to 14 days.
In most cases, this disease is able to be fought by your immune system and killed within a matter of weeks. However, if you or a loved one is above the age of 50 or have serious medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, or lung disease, you may be more susceptible to the more serious effects of this disease.
Clean your hands often
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Take steps to protect others
- Stay home if you’re sick
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Wear a facemask if you are sick
- Clean and disinfect as many surfaces as you can in your home and at work
DUCTZ professionals are certified, qualified and trained in cleaning ventilation systems so give us a call today.